This page is dedicated to parents who want their children to play in Czech Cricket league. Children between 13 -18 year old can join the league only with parental permission (see below). Please also read the guidelines for junior players:
Junior Player Guidelines
The purpose of these guidelines is to assist all junior players who wish to make the transition to open age cricket as much as possible.
- It is the responsibility of all adults involved in matches with junior players, to ensure that the players safety, development and overall experience is taken into account at all time.
- For any player under the age of 18 to take part in a CMKS league match, written consent from the child's parent or guardian must be submitted to the League Administrator prior to them taking part in a match.
- The minimum age for open-age cricket in the Czech Republic is 13 years of age. Exceptions to this will only be considered if at least one parent or legal guardian of the child in question is also playing in the match.
- Each case is to be determined on an individual basis, depending on the player’s ability and cognitive development.
- Helmets with a face guard or grille MUST be worn when batting against a hard cricket ball in matches and in practice sessions.
- No junior player under the age of 16, shall be allowed to field closer than 8 yards (7.3 m) from the middle stump, except behind the wicket on the off side, until the batsman has played at the ball. For players under the age of 13, and below, the distance is 11 yards (10 m). Players under the age of 11 are not permitted to field inside the 30m circle. These minimum distances apply even if the player is wearing a helmet.
- Any player under the age of 11 must wear a helmet at all times while fielding, no matter what position they are fielding in.